Feature image: Kate King
Keen to reduce your meat consumption in an effort to protect the planet? This energising veggie curry will boost your motivation, serve up the majority of your 5-a-day and help you do your bit for the environment too.
This quick, easy, flavoursome recipe is one that can be enjoyed by everyone. It will give you mountains of energy and ensure that your body gets all the vitamins you need in a day.
(Approximate cost per serving: £1.25)
• Wooden spoon
• Large pan
• Chopping board
• Sharp knife
• Vegetable peeler
• 2 sweet potatoes
• A tin of chickpeas
• Approx. 8 mushrooms
• 2 large handfuls of spinach
• 1 red pepper
• Mixed herbs
• 1/2 a jar of Thai Green Curry paste
• A tin of coconut milk
• Microwaveable rice
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into small chunks. Then put them into a large pan and boil in water for around 10 minutes or until they are soft.
- While the sweet potatoes are boiling, chop the mushrooms and red pepper into bite-size chunks.
- Once the sweet potatoes are soft, drain them through a colander until all the water has been removed. Then put the sweet potato, chickpeas, mushrooms, pepper, and spinach into the pan with a small amount of olive oil and stir for a couple of minutes until all of the vegetables have softened.
- Next, add half a jar of Thai green curry paste and a small tin of coconut milk. Stir well until all of the ingredients are covered in this mixture.
- Leave the curry to simmer until the chickpeas are hot, stirring every few minutes. While the curry is simmering, prepare your rice.
- Finally, serve and enjoy.
First published in The ENERGY Issue. Pick up your copy on campus or read online.