- Conservative Prime Minister Boris Johnson, called the election saying he wanted to end the deadlock in parliament over Brexit.
- This is the third general election in five years.
- It’s the first December general election in almost a century.
- Polls close at 10pm on Thursday 12th December with 650 constituencies choosing an MP to represent them in parliament.
- aAh! Magazine and The Northern Quota will be reporting throughout the night as results come in from Greater Manchester and the whole of the United Kingdom.
Follow our joint live coverage with The Northern Quota below and on Twitter @aAh_mag. Our student reporters are at counts across Greater Manchester and beyond to bring you news, comment and analysis throughout the evening.
Live coverage kicks off at 9.30pm with the first exit poll results coming at 10pm, after the polls close.