aAh! – your arts and culture magazine
Welcome to the next print edition of aAh! Magazine.
Every issue we publish is based around a single theme.
This time it’s:
S P A C E
We won’t say much else, other than there’s plenty of it…
and we want to fill this magazine with s p a c e.
Therefore, we’d like your submissions.
These can include features, reviews, interviews, comment, creative prose, poetry, artwork or photography. Anything that offers a critical, insightful and creative slant on the word SPACE.
We are open to all submissions related to the theme, but here are a few ideas to think about:
- Solar system – Planets, the cosmos, astrology, space exploration, extraterrestrial life.
- Planet – World travel, exploration, overpopulation, climate change, science, NASA, borders and war, leaving Earth for outer space.
- Country – UK travel, political spaces, the space between North and South, university spaces.
- City – Gentrification, buildings and architecture, star gazing, spaces in Manchester, space-themed locations, events and nightlife.
- Culture – ‘Safe spaces’, cultural distance, philosophy.
- Home – Families, relationships, personal space, lifestyle, design, technology.
- Body – Space fashion, health and biology.
- Mind – Mental health, wellbeing and ‘safe spaces’.
- Creative – Books, films, games, music, art and imaginary spaces.
Have an idea? Email us at aAh.firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Deadline: Please submit a draft headline, estimated word count and two sentences describing your proposed piece by Friday 1st November 2019. Further deadline to follow.