Featured image: Snehal Rajendra Dhanwate
As new students, we are often on the go. Juggling our studies, work and other commitments in a new environment can be tough. A super hectic lifestyle can make it difficult to get all of our daily nutrient needs throughout the day. We also know that making friends in new university accommodation can be difficult. So, we’re serving up healthy recipes to make while getting to know your new housemates (and help you put your new IKEA kitchen supplies to good use!)
MEXICAN CHICKPEA SALAD
Time: 30 minutes
Price: £1.50 per portion (approx)
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Chopping board
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 tin of sweetcorn
- 1 avocado
- ½ a cucumber
- 1 whole head of lettuce
- A large handful of tomatoes
- 1 packet of microwaveable flavoured rice
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- A sprinkle of grated cheese
- Sour cream
- Chilli flakes
- Firstly, toss the tin of chickpeas in the taco seasoning and fry over a medium heat until warmed through.
- Next, while the chickpeas are cooking, chop the salad and avocado into small pieces.
- Then, microwave the rice, following the instructions on the packet.
- Stir all the ingredients into one bowl.
- Serve individually, then add any optional extras as desired.
- Finally, add a sprinkle of grated cheese and enjoy.